Hands down, this is the most heavenly carrot cake I’ve ever tasted….EVER. It’s moist, dense, and so sinful I don’t even want to know the calorie count.
What makes it so good… the pineapple and currants add to the moistness ,,, carrots, of course. The combination simply works.
The cream cheese frosting doesn’t hurt, but I think I’d like it as a bundt cake with a cream cheese drizzle just as much.
Time for the true confession … I took the recipe to a local baker and she baked and frosted the cake. In my true NOT a DIYer fashion … I can only claim to supervise … but look at this cake, I did it really well – HA!
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/12 Cups corn oil
- ½ Cup English Walnuts, chopped
- ½ Cup flake coconut
- 2 Cups grated carrots
- 6 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 Cup currants
- Combine flour, soda, salt, powder, and cinnamon, set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs,
- Add oil to egg and sugar mixture and beat until well blended.
- Slowly blend in flour mixture.
- Add carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and currants – blend well.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9” cake pans … I’m pretty sure I use 9” but I could be wrong … I also own 8” J
- Bake Q 350 for 35-40 minutes
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.