D is for Dessert and this is my favorite dessert…well, my favorite healthy dessert, cheesecake does reign supreme. This roasted fruit recipes gets high marks from me because it’s pretty to look at, tastes fabulous, and is low in calories – until you add that itsy bitsy dollop of creaminess at the end – small technicality. The fruits used are peaches, plums, and raspberries which, unfortunately, makes this seasonal. It’s such a family favorite that some of us have it in place of birthday cake – I think Hubby still wants cake.
the original recipe called for sugar, I replace the sugar with splenda or another sugar substitute – less calories in the fruit to help offset previously mentioned dollop of creaminess.
About thirty minutes in the oven and this is the result…
Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream or, my preference, room temperature mascarpone cheese and it’s perfect. Left overs are great with plain Greek yogurt for breakfast too.
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled, cut in eighths
- 8 ripe plums, cut in quarters
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ½ cup splenda or other sweetener
- Bake uncovered @ 450 20 - 25 minutes
- Next turn broiler on, watch the fruit carefully - broil 5 minutes - until raspberries release their juice.
- Sprinkle with ⅓ cup raspberry/cranberry juice - orange juice works too.
- I serve with a dollop of softened mascarpone
Thanks for the visit – I hope to see you again soon!