While we still have fresh sweet corn available, Corn and Crab Chowder is the soup of choice on this Sunday.
The soup is full of corn, potatoes, and red bell pepper……
with some diced green chilies,cilantro, and cajun spice for a little kick……
Topped with crisp bacon and lump crab……. it was a yummy Sunday Supper
- 1 lb lump crab meat, drained - remove any bits of shell
- 6 slices bacon, diced and fried until crisp
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 small can diced chilies (i use green chilies for my sensitive hubby)
- 1 32oz container low sod chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 12oz can nonfat evaporated milk
- ¼ C chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cajun spice (or to taste)
- Saute bacon and drain.
- Saute celery, onion, and pepper in small amount of bacon grease.
- Mix broth and flour, add to pot along with corn and chilies.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 min - stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in crab, milk, and cilantro - cook 5 min.
- Garnish with bacon and cilantro.