As a “thank you” to my Hubby for shoveling snow, my mother made Shrimp Mousse – one of Hubby’s favs….
My contribution, once again, is photographing…..
I’ve made shrimp mousse numerous times, does that count…….
The recipe comes from the California Heritage Cookbook by the Pasadena Junior League….oh my goodness, it’s from 1976 – I didn’t realize I’d owned it that long! Here you go, an antique recipe…..
Thank you for visiting, I hope you’ll stop in again soon. Now it’s time to visit Designs by Gollum to enjoy all the yummy treats at the Foodie Friday party.
Recipe type: appetizer
- 1 can tomato soup
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 pack unflavored gelatin dissolved in ½C water
- 1lb cooked bay shrimp, minced
- ½ C grated onion
- 1 C chopped celery
- 1C mayo
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- In a double boiler combine the soup and cream cheese
- stir w/whisk to blend
- add the dissolved gelatin and whisk until smooth
- Cool to room temperature - very important so the mousse doesn't taste fishy
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor
- Add the soup mixture and blend
- pour into bowl and chill 4 hours before serving