My mother first made this recipe for a puff pancake for Easter Brunch 25 years ago and it’s been a family favorite ever since.
We’ve enjoyed it with a variety of toppings such as strawberry butter or fried apples. Today we kept it simple with a little powdered sugar and maple syrup
To accompany the pancake, I made apple sausage patties.
Our strawberries are tossed with some fresh basil from the garden, fresh lime juice, a tiny bit of raw sugar, salt and pepper. This is a mixture No 1 son shared with me. The combination really enhances the flavor of the fresh fruit.
- ¼ lb. butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ Cups milk
- 1 Cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Place the butter in a quiche pan and allow it to melt in the oven while it heats.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed.
- Pour mixed batter over melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.
- We've used fried apples, strawberries, whipped cream, or syrup.